Updated Jun 30, 2013 - 5:23 pm
Top 10 moments from first half of D-backs' 2013 season
And although injuries and inconsistent play were at times common themes over the course of the first 81 games, Kirk Gibson and Co. weathered the storm and remain atop the National West as the schedule flips to the second half of the season.
There were plenty of memorable moments from the first half of play, so sit back, relax and enjoy 10 of the best (in chronological order):
Cliff Pennington's 16th inning walk-off single in 10-9 win over St. Louis Cardinals (April 3)
Eric Hinske's pinch-hit home run in the 11th inning of an 8-7 win over Milwaukee Brewers (April 7)
Paul Goldschmidt's first career walk-off hit in 1-0 win over Los Angeles Dodgers (April 14)
Brandon McCarthy delivers three-hitter in 1-0 win over Miami Marlins (May 18)
Patrick Corbin records first complete game in 5-1 win over Colorado Rockies (May 20)
Cliff Pennington's walk-off single caps off doubleheader sweep over Texas Rangers (May 27)
Paul Goldschmidt's go-ahead, three-run home run in the eighth inning of 3-1 win over San Francisco Giants (June 7)
Paul Goldschmidt hits first career walk-off home run in 3-2 win over Miami Marlins (June 18)
Jason Kubel hits walk-off single against Aroldis Chapman in 4-3 win over Cincinnati Reds (June 22)
Didi Gregorius lays down RBI bunt in 11th inning of 3-2 win over Washington Nationals (June 27)
Honorable Mention: Gregorius hits home run in first at-bat with D-backs (April 18), Goldschmidt's ninth-inning blast off Brandon League, Dodgers (May 7), Goldschmidt's 14th-inning RBI single against Cardinals (June 4), Cody Ross' pinch-hit, three-run home run against Marlins (June 19), Josh Collmenter's three extra-inning wins in relief (April 3, June 4 and June 27)
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.