Updated Jun 30, 2013 - 5:23 pm
Top 10 moments from first half of D-backs' 2013 season
And although injuries and inconsistent play were at times common themes over the course of the first 81 games, Kirk Gibson and Co. weathered the storm and remain atop the National West as the schedule flips to the second half of the season.
There were plenty of memorable moments from the first half of play, so sit back, relax and enjoy 10 of the best (in chronological order):
Cliff Pennington's 16th inning walk-off single in 10-9 win over St. Louis Cardinals (April 3)
Eric Hinske's pinch-hit home run in the 11th inning of an 8-7 win over Milwaukee Brewers (April 7)
Paul Goldschmidt's first career walk-off hit in 1-0 win over Los Angeles Dodgers (April 14)
Brandon McCarthy delivers three-hitter in 1-0 win over Miami Marlins (May 18)
Patrick Corbin records first complete game in 5-1 win over Colorado Rockies (May 20)
Cliff Pennington's walk-off single caps off doubleheader sweep over Texas Rangers (May 27)
Paul Goldschmidt's go-ahead, three-run home run in the eighth inning of 3-1 win over San Francisco Giants (June 7)
Paul Goldschmidt hits first career walk-off home run in 3-2 win over Miami Marlins (June 18)
Jason Kubel hits walk-off single against Aroldis Chapman in 4-3 win over Cincinnati Reds (June 22)
Didi Gregorius lays down RBI bunt in 11th inning of 3-2 win over Washington Nationals (June 27)
Honorable Mention: Gregorius hits home run in first at-bat with D-backs (April 18), Goldschmidt's ninth-inning blast off Brandon League, Dodgers (May 7), Goldschmidt's 14th-inning RBI single against Cardinals (June 4), Cody Ross' pinch-hit, three-run home run against Marlins (June 19), Josh Collmenter's three extra-inning wins in relief (April 3, June 4 and June 27)
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.