Updated Jun 30, 2013 - 5:23 pm
Top 10 moments from first half of D-backs' 2013 season
And although injuries and inconsistent play were at times common themes over the course of the first 81 games, Kirk Gibson and Co. weathered the storm and remain atop the National West as the schedule flips to the second half of the season.
There were plenty of memorable moments from the first half of play, so sit back, relax and enjoy 10 of the best (in chronological order):
Cliff Pennington's 16th inning walk-off single in 10-9 win over St. Louis Cardinals (April 3)
Eric Hinske's pinch-hit home run in the 11th inning of an 8-7 win over Milwaukee Brewers (April 7)
Paul Goldschmidt's first career walk-off hit in 1-0 win over Los Angeles Dodgers (April 14)
Brandon McCarthy delivers three-hitter in 1-0 win over Miami Marlins (May 18)
Patrick Corbin records first complete game in 5-1 win over Colorado Rockies (May 20)
Cliff Pennington's walk-off single caps off doubleheader sweep over Texas Rangers (May 27)
Paul Goldschmidt's go-ahead, three-run home run in the eighth inning of 3-1 win over San Francisco Giants (June 7)
Paul Goldschmidt hits first career walk-off home run in 3-2 win over Miami Marlins (June 18)
Jason Kubel hits walk-off single against Aroldis Chapman in 4-3 win over Cincinnati Reds (June 22)
Didi Gregorius lays down RBI bunt in 11th inning of 3-2 win over Washington Nationals (June 27)
Honorable Mention: Gregorius hits home run in first at-bat with D-backs (April 18), Goldschmidt's ninth-inning blast off Brandon League, Dodgers (May 7), Goldschmidt's 14th-inning RBI single against Cardinals (June 4), Cody Ross' pinch-hit, three-run home run against Marlins (June 19), Josh Collmenter's three extra-inning wins in relief (April 3, June 4 and June 27)
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.