Updated Jun 30, 2013 - 5:23 pm
Top 10 moments from first half of D-backs' 2013 season
And although injuries and inconsistent play were at times common themes over the course of the first 81 games, Kirk Gibson and Co. weathered the storm and remain atop the National West as the schedule flips to the second half of the season.
There were plenty of memorable moments from the first half of play, so sit back, relax and enjoy 10 of the best (in chronological order):
Cliff Pennington's 16th inning walk-off single in 10-9 win over St. Louis Cardinals (April 3)
Eric Hinske's pinch-hit home run in the 11th inning of an 8-7 win over Milwaukee Brewers (April 7)
Paul Goldschmidt's first career walk-off hit in 1-0 win over Los Angeles Dodgers (April 14)
Brandon McCarthy delivers three-hitter in 1-0 win over Miami Marlins (May 18)
Patrick Corbin records first complete game in 5-1 win over Colorado Rockies (May 20)
Cliff Pennington's walk-off single caps off doubleheader sweep over Texas Rangers (May 27)
Paul Goldschmidt's go-ahead, three-run home run in the eighth inning of 3-1 win over San Francisco Giants (June 7)
Paul Goldschmidt hits first career walk-off home run in 3-2 win over Miami Marlins (June 18)
Jason Kubel hits walk-off single against Aroldis Chapman in 4-3 win over Cincinnati Reds (June 22)
Didi Gregorius lays down RBI bunt in 11th inning of 3-2 win over Washington Nationals (June 27)
Honorable Mention: Gregorius hits home run in first at-bat with D-backs (April 18), Goldschmidt's ninth-inning blast off Brandon League, Dodgers (May 7), Goldschmidt's 14th-inning RBI single against Cardinals (June 4), Cody Ross' pinch-hit, three-run home run against Marlins (June 19), Josh Collmenter's three extra-inning wins in relief (April 3, June 4 and June 27)
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.