Diamondbacks reinstate J.J. Putz from 15-day DL
The team has also optioned right-handed pitcher Zeke Spruill to Triple-A Reno.
Putz, 35, suffered a right elbow strain in a May 7 game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. In four rehab games with the Triple-A Reno team, the relief pitcher allowed 1 run over 4.0 innings, with 2 hits, 3 walks and 4 strikeouts.
Putz has 5 saves over 9 opportunities with a 4.26 ERA in 14 games with the Diamondbacks so far this season.
Spruill, 23, appeared in four games in his first stint in the majors. He allowed 1 run and 4 hits over 4.1 innings and had 5 strikeouts for the Diamondbacks.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.