Diamondbacks reinstate J.J. Putz from 15-day DL
The team has also optioned right-handed pitcher Zeke Spruill to Triple-A Reno.
Putz, 35, suffered a right elbow strain in a May 7 game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. In four rehab games with the Triple-A Reno team, the relief pitcher allowed 1 run over 4.0 innings, with 2 hits, 3 walks and 4 strikeouts.
Putz has 5 saves over 9 opportunities with a 4.26 ERA in 14 games with the Diamondbacks so far this season.
Spruill, 23, appeared in four games in his first stint in the majors. He allowed 1 run and 4 hits over 4.1 innings and had 5 strikeouts for the Diamondbacks.
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.