Diamondbacks reinstate J.J. Putz from 15-day DL
The team has also optioned right-handed pitcher Zeke Spruill to Triple-A Reno.
Putz, 35, suffered a right elbow strain in a May 7 game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. In four rehab games with the Triple-A Reno team, the relief pitcher allowed 1 run over 4.0 innings, with 2 hits, 3 walks and 4 strikeouts.
Putz has 5 saves over 9 opportunities with a 4.26 ERA in 14 games with the Diamondbacks so far this season.
Spruill, 23, appeared in four games in his first stint in the majors. He allowed 1 run and 4 hits over 4.1 innings and had 5 strikeouts for the Diamondbacks.
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.