Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 4:27 pm
They make an old football player want to pop the mouthguard in and rip somebody's face off.
This is the story of the season right now. It may change at some point this season, but creeping up on the halfway point of the season there's no dispute: chemistry is beating calculators.
If you're a fan of a team, there isn't a better team trait you could have than a willingness to compete to the very end. The Diamondbacks lead all of baseball in one-run wins (17), extra-innings wins (8), come from behind victories (21), and run differential from the 7th inning on (+36).
Many analysts look at these numbers and smirk, sighting how lucky the D-backs have been and I think that's a bunch of bull-flop. Although I admit these numbers can't continue on the pace they are, how many times do you have to be lucky before one declares that this is no coincidence?
Chemistry is kicking the calculator all over the diamond. And don't we love it!
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.