Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 4:27 pm
They make an old football player want to pop the mouthguard in and rip somebody's face off.
This is the story of the season right now. It may change at some point this season, but creeping up on the halfway point of the season there's no dispute: chemistry is beating calculators.
If you're a fan of a team, there isn't a better team trait you could have than a willingness to compete to the very end. The Diamondbacks lead all of baseball in one-run wins (17), extra-innings wins (8), come from behind victories (21), and run differential from the 7th inning on (+36).
Many analysts look at these numbers and smirk, sighting how lucky the D-backs have been and I think that's a bunch of bull-flop. Although I admit these numbers can't continue on the pace they are, how many times do you have to be lucky before one declares that this is no coincidence?
Chemistry is kicking the calculator all over the diamond. And don't we love it!
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.