Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 4:27 pm
They make an old football player want to pop the mouthguard in and rip somebody's face off.
This is the story of the season right now. It may change at some point this season, but creeping up on the halfway point of the season there's no dispute: chemistry is beating calculators.
If you're a fan of a team, there isn't a better team trait you could have than a willingness to compete to the very end. The Diamondbacks lead all of baseball in one-run wins (17), extra-innings wins (8), come from behind victories (21), and run differential from the 7th inning on (+36).
Many analysts look at these numbers and smirk, sighting how lucky the D-backs have been and I think that's a bunch of bull-flop. Although I admit these numbers can't continue on the pace they are, how many times do you have to be lucky before one declares that this is no coincidence?
Chemistry is kicking the calculator all over the diamond. And don't we love it!
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.