Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 12:05 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Aaron Hill from DL
The team announced it reinstated the second baseman from the 15-day DL Tuesday after he played six rehab games for Triple-A Reno, where he hit .375.
Hill, 31, was batting .306 with two home runs and six RBI in 10 games for the D-backs before suffering a broken hand due to an errant pitch from Pittsburgh's James McDonald on April 9. He last appeared for the D-backs on April 14 against the Dodgers.
To make room for Hill, the D-backs optioned pitcher Joe Paterson to Reno.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.