Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 10:53 am
D-backs' bats silent during weekend sweep in San Diego
Unless, of course, you're a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
After taking two of three from the Dodgers in Los Angeles, the D-backs trekked down I-5 for a three-game series with the red-hot Padres. You could say things didn't go very well for the boys in Sedona Red, as they were handed just their second sweep of the season.
Arizona's bats were silent during the weekend, accounting for only six runs, a .181 batting average (17-for-94) and just three hits with runners in scoring position. And, if you take out Ian Kennedy's 2-for-2 game Sunday, Arizona hit just .163 as a team.
As you can see below, the D-backs' offensive woes against the Padres weren't limited to just a few players.
The Diamondbacks still lead the NL West by a half game over the Colorado Rockies heading into a three-game series against the Miami Marlins at Chase Field.
This could be a golden opportunity for the Arizona bats to awaken, as Miami brings the Major Leagues' worst record (21-47) with them and their collective ERA of 4.15 ranks 20th in baseball.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.