Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 10:53 am
D-backs' bats silent during weekend sweep in San Diego
Unless, of course, you're a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
After taking two of three from the Dodgers in Los Angeles, the D-backs trekked down I-5 for a three-game series with the red-hot Padres. You could say things didn't go very well for the boys in Sedona Red, as they were handed just their second sweep of the season.
Arizona's bats were silent during the weekend, accounting for only six runs, a .181 batting average (17-for-94) and just three hits with runners in scoring position. And, if you take out Ian Kennedy's 2-for-2 game Sunday, Arizona hit just .163 as a team.
As you can see below, the D-backs' offensive woes against the Padres weren't limited to just a few players.
The Diamondbacks still lead the NL West by a half game over the Colorado Rockies heading into a three-game series against the Miami Marlins at Chase Field.
This could be a golden opportunity for the Arizona bats to awaken, as Miami brings the Major Leagues' worst record (21-47) with them and their collective ERA of 4.15 ranks 20th in baseball.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Arizona Diamondbacks to wear special throwback jersey against Chicago Cubs
- Arizona Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers says on-field product is his responsibility
- Didi Gregorius off to hot start with Triple-A Reno
- D-backs GM on pitching struggles: 'I've never seen anything like it'
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.