Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 7:50 pm
Who's Your Daddy: Richard Justice
What is the most important life lesson your dad passed down to you?
"It's interesting you ask that as Father's Day approaches, because my oldest daughter lives in Austin, Texas and is 26 years old. Shes about to move to Phoenix, Arizona, and she's taking a job at Nordstrom's in Fashion Square Mall. We've never had her apart, so it's a tough, emotional Father's Day.
"The most important thing I learned from him was a relentless work ethic. He was a grinder in every sense of the word, and I would like to think he passed that down to me."
What is the most memorable sports experience you remember sharing with your dad?
"My favorite sports moment with my dad, I worked in Dallas for a long time and grew up there. I knew Tom Landry and Roger Staubach. Of all the people, the only sports person my dad ever wanted to meet was ironically Nolan Ryan. And the only game he ever asked me to take him to was to see Nolan pitch. About a year before he died, I got him seats down by the Rangers' bullpen in the old ballpark where you could watch Nolan go through his pre-game routine. I'll never forget my old man just studying Nolan Ryan. He was so intrigued, because he saw Nolan more than anybody else as a person who reflected his values, his character, his work ethic."
- Richard Justice, MLB.com writer
- Dan Hicks, NBC golf commentator
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA analyst
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president
- Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports MLB insider
- Dan Majerle, GCU basketball head coach
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst
- Kevin Gibson, D-backs' manager's son
- Kirk Gibson Jr., D-backs' manager's son
- D-backs analyst Tom Candiotti
- Suns forward Jared Dudley
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson
- Dodgers analyst Steve Lyons
- Arizona Sports reminisces
- Franz: Remembering your dad this Father's Day
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.