Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 7:50 pm
Who's Your Daddy: Richard Justice
What is the most important life lesson your dad passed down to you?
"It's interesting you ask that as Father's Day approaches, because my oldest daughter lives in Austin, Texas and is 26 years old. Shes about to move to Phoenix, Arizona, and she's taking a job at Nordstrom's in Fashion Square Mall. We've never had her apart, so it's a tough, emotional Father's Day.
"The most important thing I learned from him was a relentless work ethic. He was a grinder in every sense of the word, and I would like to think he passed that down to me."
What is the most memorable sports experience you remember sharing with your dad?
"My favorite sports moment with my dad, I worked in Dallas for a long time and grew up there. I knew Tom Landry and Roger Staubach. Of all the people, the only sports person my dad ever wanted to meet was ironically Nolan Ryan. And the only game he ever asked me to take him to was to see Nolan pitch. About a year before he died, I got him seats down by the Rangers' bullpen in the old ballpark where you could watch Nolan go through his pre-game routine. I'll never forget my old man just studying Nolan Ryan. He was so intrigued, because he saw Nolan more than anybody else as a person who reflected his values, his character, his work ethic."
- Richard Justice, MLB.com writer
- Dan Hicks, NBC golf commentator
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA analyst
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president
- Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports MLB insider
- Dan Majerle, GCU basketball head coach
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst
- Kevin Gibson, D-backs' manager's son
- Kirk Gibson Jr., D-backs' manager's son
- D-backs analyst Tom Candiotti
- Suns forward Jared Dudley
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson
- Dodgers analyst Steve Lyons
- Arizona Sports reminisces
- Franz: Remembering your dad this Father's Day
- Arizona Diamondbacks to wear special throwback jersey against Chicago Cubs
- Arizona Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers says on-field product is his responsibility
- Didi Gregorius off to hot start with Triple-A Reno
- D-backs GM on pitching struggles: 'I've never seen anything like it'
- The Pulse: D-backs having most disappointing April
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.