Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 7:50 pm
Who's Your Daddy: Richard Justice
What is the most important life lesson your dad passed down to you?
"It's interesting you ask that as Father's Day approaches, because my oldest daughter lives in Austin, Texas and is 26 years old. Shes about to move to Phoenix, Arizona, and she's taking a job at Nordstrom's in Fashion Square Mall. We've never had her apart, so it's a tough, emotional Father's Day.
"The most important thing I learned from him was a relentless work ethic. He was a grinder in every sense of the word, and I would like to think he passed that down to me."
What is the most memorable sports experience you remember sharing with your dad?
"My favorite sports moment with my dad, I worked in Dallas for a long time and grew up there. I knew Tom Landry and Roger Staubach. Of all the people, the only sports person my dad ever wanted to meet was ironically Nolan Ryan. And the only game he ever asked me to take him to was to see Nolan pitch. About a year before he died, I got him seats down by the Rangers' bullpen in the old ballpark where you could watch Nolan go through his pre-game routine. I'll never forget my old man just studying Nolan Ryan. He was so intrigued, because he saw Nolan more than anybody else as a person who reflected his values, his character, his work ethic."
- Richard Justice, MLB.com writer
- Dan Hicks, NBC golf commentator
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA analyst
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president
- Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports MLB insider
- Dan Majerle, GCU basketball head coach
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst
- Kevin Gibson, D-backs' manager's son
- Kirk Gibson Jr., D-backs' manager's son
- D-backs analyst Tom Candiotti
- Suns forward Jared Dudley
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson
- Dodgers analyst Steve Lyons
- Arizona Sports reminisces
- Franz: Remembering your dad this Father's Day
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.