Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 1:42 pm
D-backs' pitchers respond to teammates' suspensions
Arizona Diamondbacks pitchers are miffed at MLB's rulings on their teammates and manager after the team's brawl with the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday, and some have taken to Twitter to air their thoughts.
The league announced Friday Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy will be suspended for 10 games, infielder Eric Hinske for five and manager Kirk Gibson for one. Catcher Miguel Montero and outfielder Gerardo Parra were fined.
MLB must've used the replay technology from Cleveland to review the brawl, bc they sure missed a lot of what was happening in the scuffle.— Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler) June 14, 2013
It's a joke that throwing at someone is viewed as so much worse than running off the bench, tackling people, and throwing haymakers.— Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler) June 14, 2013
Again, I'll say this: I have no problem w Kennedy's pre-appeal suspension. It's the others (or lack thereof) that are a joke.— Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler) June 14, 2013
So if you throw punches when the benches clear, you get fined. You get sucker punched, you get suspended five games. Makes sense #not— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 14, 2013
"I had him in fantasy once and he killed me so...five games?"- how I assume someone from MLB decided on Hinske's suspension— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) June 14, 2013
Have you ever watched people who are bad at math try to split a bill? Basically that's how I picture the process of deciding brawl penalties— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) June 14, 2013
Hinske's had the soup and ended up paying for someone else's surf & turf— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) June 14, 2013
For the Dodgers, pitcher J.P. Howell, infielder Skip Schumaker and hitting coach Mark McGwire received two-game bans, while reliever Ronald Belisario and manager Don Mattingly will each be out one game.
The Dodgers' Zack Grienke and Yasiel Puig were fined, as was the organization for allowing players who were on the disabled list to leave the dugout and enter the field during the incident.
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Arizona Diamondbacks' GM Kevin Towers on why he traded Tyler Skaggs
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.