Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 3:09 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks plan on appealing suspensions after brawl with Dodgers
Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy received the longest suspension -- 10 games -- of anyone, due to his role in the incident.
According to the league, Kennedy received the ban "for intentionally throwing a pitch in the head area of Zack Greinke of the Dodgers in the bottom of the seventh inning, after a warning had already been issued to both Clubs earlier in the game."
Infielder Eric Hinske received a five-game suspension, and skipper Kirk Gibson will be out one game. Catcher Miguel Montero and outfielder Gerardo Parra were also fined.
However, it appears the D-backs are not on board with the league's decision.
"I think we'll definitely have a formal appeal, and I would imagine Ian will do so through the union as well," Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall told News-Talk 92.3 KTAR's Rob and Karie Friday. "And I can definitely see Eric Hinskie doing it, because we were all surprised by the Hinske (suspension) for sure.
"And to be honest, there weren't as many on the other side that we expected to see as well, but it is what it is and there's a process to go through. The entire incident was pretty ugly so we knew there would be some consequences, but I thought it would be a little more level."
Until the appeal is heard and ruled on, none of the affected players will miss any time.
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?