Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 3:09 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks plan on appealing suspensions after brawl with Dodgers
Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy received the longest suspension -- 10 games -- of anyone, due to his role in the incident.
According to the league, Kennedy received the ban "for intentionally throwing a pitch in the head area of Zack Greinke of the Dodgers in the bottom of the seventh inning, after a warning had already been issued to both Clubs earlier in the game."
Infielder Eric Hinske received a five-game suspension, and skipper Kirk Gibson will be out one game. Catcher Miguel Montero and outfielder Gerardo Parra were also fined.
However, it appears the D-backs are not on board with the league's decision.
"I think we'll definitely have a formal appeal, and I would imagine Ian will do so through the union as well," Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall told News-Talk 92.3 KTAR's Rob and Karie Friday. "And I can definitely see Eric Hinskie doing it, because we were all surprised by the Hinske (suspension) for sure.
"And to be honest, there weren't as many on the other side that we expected to see as well, but it is what it is and there's a process to go through. The entire incident was pretty ugly so we knew there would be some consequences, but I thought it would be a little more level."
Until the appeal is heard and ruled on, none of the affected players will miss any time.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.