Updated Jun 13, 2013 - 4:28 pm
Who's Your Daddy: Derrick Hall, D-backs president
What is the most important life lesson your dad passed down to you?
My dad was special to me, as you guys know, and that is in the past. And he had told me, as I started my career out with the Dodgers, he said, 'You need to treat everybody as if they are better than you because they probably are.' He said, 'And I want you to know everyone who you work with by name.' And that is game day staff, ushers, ticket takers, fellow office workers, and I've taken that to heart, and how right he is.
What is the most memorable sports experience you remember sharing with your dad?
First time he took me to Dodger Stadium and taught me how to keep score. There is nothing like sitting there with your child, boy or girl, and sitting down with a scorebook and teaching your son or daughter how to keep score. And to watch them look up after a couple innings, like I did to my dad, and say, 'I think I got it, didn't I do that one right,' and the first time you get to pencil in that entire infield because that meant they scored, it was pretty special.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com writer
- Dan Hicks, NBC golf commentator
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA analyst
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president
- Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports MLB insider
- Dan Majerle, GCU basketball head coach
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst
- Kevin Gibson, D-backs' manager's son
- Kirk Gibson Jr., D-backs' manager's son
- D-backs analyst Tom Candiotti
- Suns forward Jared Dudley
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson
- Dodgers analyst Steve Lyons
- Arizona Sports reminisces
- Franz: Remembering your dad this Father's Day
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.