Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 11:25 am
MLB suspends Diamondbacks' Ian Kennedy 10 games, others receive punishment for brawl with Dodgers
Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy received the harshest punishment, as he's been suspended 10 games. Infielder Eric Hinske will miss five contests, while Gibson will be out one game.
For the Dodgers, pitcher J.P. Howell, infielder Skip Schumaker and hitting coach Mark McGwire received two-game bans, while reliever Ronald Belisario and Mattingly will each be out one game.
Also, D-backs Miguel Montero and Gerardo Parra, along with Dodgers Zack Grienke and Yasiel Puig were fined, as was the Dodgers organization for allowing players who were on the disabled list to leave the dugout and enter the field during the incident.
(DL players) who took the field during the fight violated an MLB rule in doing so, as players on the disabled list are prohibited from entering the field of play at any time during the game, as stated in MLB Rule 3.17.
Players on the disabled list are permitted to participate in pre-game activity and sit on the bench during a game but may not take part in any activity during the game such as warming up a pitcher, bench-jockeying, etc. Disabled players are not allowed to enter the playing surface at any time or for any purpose during the game.
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.