Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 11:25 am
MLB suspends Diamondbacks' Ian Kennedy 10 games, others receive punishment for brawl with Dodgers
Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy received the harshest punishment, as he's been suspended 10 games. Infielder Eric Hinske will miss five contests, while Gibson will be out one game.
For the Dodgers, pitcher J.P. Howell, infielder Skip Schumaker and hitting coach Mark McGwire received two-game bans, while reliever Ronald Belisario and Mattingly will each be out one game.
Also, D-backs Miguel Montero and Gerardo Parra, along with Dodgers Zack Grienke and Yasiel Puig were fined, as was the Dodgers organization for allowing players who were on the disabled list to leave the dugout and enter the field during the incident.
(DL players) who took the field during the fight violated an MLB rule in doing so, as players on the disabled list are prohibited from entering the field of play at any time during the game, as stated in MLB Rule 3.17.
Players on the disabled list are permitted to participate in pre-game activity and sit on the bench during a game but may not take part in any activity during the game such as warming up a pitcher, bench-jockeying, etc. Disabled players are not allowed to enter the playing surface at any time or for any purpose during the game.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.