Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 11:25 am
MLB suspends Diamondbacks' Ian Kennedy 10 games, others receive punishment for brawl with Dodgers
Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy received the harshest punishment, as he's been suspended 10 games. Infielder Eric Hinske will miss five contests, while Gibson will be out one game.
For the Dodgers, pitcher J.P. Howell, infielder Skip Schumaker and hitting coach Mark McGwire received two-game bans, while reliever Ronald Belisario and Mattingly will each be out one game.
Also, D-backs Miguel Montero and Gerardo Parra, along with Dodgers Zack Grienke and Yasiel Puig were fined, as was the Dodgers organization for allowing players who were on the disabled list to leave the dugout and enter the field during the incident.
(DL players) who took the field during the fight violated an MLB rule in doing so, as players on the disabled list are prohibited from entering the field of play at any time during the game, as stated in MLB Rule 3.17.
Players on the disabled list are permitted to participate in pre-game activity and sit on the bench during a game but may not take part in any activity during the game such as warming up a pitcher, bench-jockeying, etc. Disabled players are not allowed to enter the playing surface at any time or for any purpose during the game.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.