Updated Jun 13, 2013 - 11:55 am
D-backs claim Adcock from Royals, round out 40-man roster
Adcock, a former fifth-round draft pick of the Seattle Mariners, was 3-4 with a 7.09 ERA (37 ER in 47.0 IP) in 10 games with Triple-A Omaha this season. He is 35-44 with a 4.61 ERA in 131 games (117 starts) in seven minor league seasons. The 25 year old pitched in 36 games for the Royals between the 2011 and 2012 season, going 1-4 with one save and a 3.79 ERA in 95.0 innings pitched.
The Diamondbacks have optioned Adcock to Triple-A Reno.
The move rounds out the Diamondbacks' 40-man roster.
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.