Updated Jun 13, 2013 - 11:55 am
D-backs claim Adcock from Royals, round out 40-man roster
Adcock, a former fifth-round draft pick of the Seattle Mariners, was 3-4 with a 7.09 ERA (37 ER in 47.0 IP) in 10 games with Triple-A Omaha this season. He is 35-44 with a 4.61 ERA in 131 games (117 starts) in seven minor league seasons. The 25 year old pitched in 36 games for the Royals between the 2011 and 2012 season, going 1-4 with one save and a 3.79 ERA in 95.0 innings pitched.
The Diamondbacks have optioned Adcock to Triple-A Reno.
The move rounds out the Diamondbacks' 40-man roster.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.