Updated Jun 13, 2013 - 11:55 am
D-backs claim Adcock from Royals, round out 40-man roster
Adcock, a former fifth-round draft pick of the Seattle Mariners, was 3-4 with a 7.09 ERA (37 ER in 47.0 IP) in 10 games with Triple-A Omaha this season. He is 35-44 with a 4.61 ERA in 131 games (117 starts) in seven minor league seasons. The 25 year old pitched in 36 games for the Royals between the 2011 and 2012 season, going 1-4 with one save and a 3.79 ERA in 95.0 innings pitched.
The Diamondbacks have optioned Adcock to Triple-A Reno.
The move rounds out the Diamondbacks' 40-man roster.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.