Updated Jun 13, 2013 - 4:12 pm
Who's Your Daddy: Kevin Gibson
What is the most important life lesson your dad passed down to you?
I definitely have learned to take the positive approach towards things. To never really view things with a negative attitude, the power of positive thinking. He's really overly positive and it's helped me a lot with stuff I've had to go through with sports and school or whatever it might be. It helps a lot when you view stuff with a positive attitude and he really believes it and I believe it too.
What is the most memorable sports experience you remember sharing with your dad?
I'm not sure I'd be able to narrow it down to one. I was fortunate to be on a lot of good sports teams when I was younger and he was around for a lot of it, like championship games that we ended up winning. There were several that I wouldn't be able to narrow it down to just one, they were all pretty cool experiences to have him around for.
What's one word you would use to describe your dad?
Really hard-working and dedicated.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com writer
- Dan Hicks, NBC golf commentator
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA analyst
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president
- Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports MLB insider
- Dan Majerle, GCU basketball head coach
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst
- Kevin Gibson, D-backs' manager's son
- Kirk Gibson Jr., D-backs' manager's son
- D-backs analyst Tom Candiotti
- Suns forward Jared Dudley
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson
- Dodgers analyst Steve Lyons
- Arizona Sports reminisces
- Franz: Remembering your dad this Father's Day
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.