Updated Jun 12, 2013 - 11:56 am
D-backs' front office takes trip Dominican Republic, dedicates field
While on the trip, the contingent planned to watch a Dominican Summer League game, tour the colonial district of Santi Domingo and pay a visit to the team's academy in Boca Chica.
But in addition to sightseeing plans, Hall, Vice President of Latin Affairs Junior Noboa and former pitcher Miguel Batista hosted a dedication ceremony Wednesday for a field in Boca Chica that the D-backs recently renovated with new grass, improved irrigation, new dugouts, a rebuilt seating area with new concrete foundation and new bathrooms.
The Dominic Republic visit marks the fifth time within the last year that Hall and members of the organization have made an international trip.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.