Updated Jun 12, 2013 - 9:28 am
Twitter reactions to D-backs and Dodgers brawl
After Kennedy unintentionally threw at Yasiel Puig in the bottom of the sixth, Zack Greinke threw at D-backs catcher Miguel Montero, which caused the benches to empty, but no punches were thrown.
In the bottom of the seventh, Kennedy hit Greinke, which caused the benches to empty again. Punches were thrown in one of the ugliest brawls of the MLB season.
Here is some of the Twitter reaction of baseball analysts.
Zack Greinke is gritty.— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 12, 2013
Dodgers fans tweeting me all butt hurt that Kennedy threw at Greinke -- Tough! Pitchers are fair game too and Greinke hit 2 Dbacks!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) June 12, 2013
Sucks being the team that hit someone unintentionally first. Greinke obviously hit miggy on purpose, but gets nothing but a warning— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 12, 2013
All started by a pitch thrown by a pitcher who had no intent of hitting the batter. So predictably stupid.— Jonah Keri (@jonahkeri) June 12, 2013
Eagle-eyed @ken_rosenthal, watching the brawl replay in the seat next to me, spotted Don Mattingly take down bench coach Alan Trammell.— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) June 12, 2013
This video of my dad throwing down Alan Trammell like a rag doll gets me so hype!!!!i.imgur.com/Iqa0DRE.gif— Preston Mattingly (@Pmoney30) June 12, 2013
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first basemen - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.