Updated Jun 12, 2013 - 5:29 pm
D-backs and Dodgers engage in heated brawl
The benches cleared twice between the two bitter divisional rivals, and things got physical the second time around.
It all started when Ian Kennedy hit rookie phenom Yasiel Puig in the bottom of the sixth inning. The pitch appeared to graze Puig's nose, and he fell to the ground and was attended to by Dodgers trainers.
Zach Greinke retaliated in the top of the seventh when he hit Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero. The benches cleared, but no punches were thrown. Both benches were then warned.
In the bottom half of the inning Kennedy threw high at Greinke, causing the benches to clear again. Kennedy was thrown out of the game along with manager Kirk Gibson and coach Turner Ward. From the Dodgers Puig and hitting coach Mark McGwire were tossed.
At one point Gibson and McGwire were in each other's faces yelling at each other. D-backs coach Matt Williams also found himself in the middle of the ruckus with Dodgers manager Don Mattingly and then McGwire.
Then there is coach Turner Ward getting thrown into the railing.
And of course, Dodgers skipper Don Mattingly threw D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell to the ground.
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?