Updated Jun 12, 2013 - 5:29 pm
D-backs and Dodgers engage in heated brawl
The benches cleared twice between the two bitter divisional rivals, and things got physical the second time around.
It all started when Ian Kennedy hit rookie phenom Yasiel Puig in the bottom of the sixth inning. The pitch appeared to graze Puig's nose, and he fell to the ground and was attended to by Dodgers trainers.
Zach Greinke retaliated in the top of the seventh when he hit Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero. The benches cleared, but no punches were thrown. Both benches were then warned.
In the bottom half of the inning Kennedy threw high at Greinke, causing the benches to clear again. Kennedy was thrown out of the game along with manager Kirk Gibson and coach Turner Ward. From the Dodgers Puig and hitting coach Mark McGwire were tossed.
At one point Gibson and McGwire were in each other's faces yelling at each other. D-backs coach Matt Williams also found himself in the middle of the ruckus with Dodgers manager Don Mattingly and then McGwire.
Then there is coach Turner Ward getting thrown into the railing.
And of course, Dodgers skipper Don Mattingly threw D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell to the ground.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.