Who's Your Daddy Week: Tom Candiotti
Candiotti has some fond childhood memories of his father, and he discussed his dad with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf as part of 'Who's Your Daddy Week.'
Memories of your dad:
"I lost my father when I was 17 years old to a heart attack. I had so many fond memories of my dad as a child. I think the best were when he would come home from work, whether it was football season, I would be out on the lawn with a football and we would play catch. Basketball season I would be dribbling the ball in my driveway until my dad came home and we would play one-on-one. Baseball was the same way, the glove was out there and before he even got home we would have a game of catch before he went inside the house. With my two young kids, I try to do the same thing with them. I try to be there every chance I get, whether it is basketball, football, baseball, golf or bowling, whatever they want to do, I want them to have those memories I had."
Doug Franz wrote his reaction to Candiotti's touching story after the show on Tuesday.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com writer
- Dan Hicks, NBC golf commentator
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA analyst
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president
- Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports MLB insider
- Dan Majerle, GCU basketball head coach
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst
- Kevin Gibson, D-backs' manager's son
- Kirk Gibson Jr., D-backs' manager's son
- D-backs analyst Tom Candiotti
- Suns forward Jared Dudley
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson
- Dodgers analyst Steve Lyons
- Arizona Sports reminisces
- Franz: Remembering your dad this Father's Day
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.