Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 3:44 pm
Diamondbacks send P Tyler Skaggs to Triple-A
They also recalled pitchers Charles Brewer and Joe Paterson while placing relief pitcher Matt Reynolds on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left elbow.
One of the organization's top pitching prospects, Skaggs went 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA for the D-backs in three starts.
This is the first time Brewer, a 25-year-old right-hander, has been called up to the big league club. On the season, he is 3-6 with a 5.85 ERA for Triple-A Reno. Paterson, on the other hand, was an effective left-handed specialist for the team in 2011, but struggled early last season and was sent to the miners. He was 2-1 with a 2.36 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 24 relief appearances, and did not allow a run in any of his last 14 games with the Aces.
Reynolds is 0-2 with two saves and a 1.98 ERA for the D-backs this season.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.