Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 3:44 pm
Diamondbacks send P Tyler Skaggs to Triple-A
They also recalled pitchers Charles Brewer and Joe Paterson while placing relief pitcher Matt Reynolds on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left elbow.
One of the organization's top pitching prospects, Skaggs went 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA for the D-backs in three starts.
This is the first time Brewer, a 25-year-old right-hander, has been called up to the big league club. On the season, he is 3-6 with a 5.85 ERA for Triple-A Reno. Paterson, on the other hand, was an effective left-handed specialist for the team in 2011, but struggled early last season and was sent to the miners. He was 2-1 with a 2.36 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 24 relief appearances, and did not allow a run in any of his last 14 games with the Aces.
Reynolds is 0-2 with two saves and a 1.98 ERA for the D-backs this season.
- The Pulse: 'Let's wait and see' on Addison Reed-Matt Davidson trade
- Report: D-backs bring back 3B Eric Chavez for 2014 season
- D-backs GM: Archie Bradley has chance to be 'special in a hurry'
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks have not signed reliever Jose Valverde to minor-league deal
- Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers: 'There will be competition' for closer spot
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs Pitcher - Wednesday December 18D-backs trying to win now, Ziggy talks about what that means for the clubhouse.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.