Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 3:44 pm
Diamondbacks send P Tyler Skaggs to Triple-A
They also recalled pitchers Charles Brewer and Joe Paterson while placing relief pitcher Matt Reynolds on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left elbow.
One of the organization's top pitching prospects, Skaggs went 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA for the D-backs in three starts.
This is the first time Brewer, a 25-year-old right-hander, has been called up to the big league club. On the season, he is 3-6 with a 5.85 ERA for Triple-A Reno. Paterson, on the other hand, was an effective left-handed specialist for the team in 2011, but struggled early last season and was sent to the miners. He was 2-1 with a 2.36 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 24 relief appearances, and did not allow a run in any of his last 14 games with the Aces.
Reynolds is 0-2 with two saves and a 1.98 ERA for the D-backs this season.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.