Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 3:44 pm
Diamondbacks send P Tyler Skaggs to Triple-A
They also recalled pitchers Charles Brewer and Joe Paterson while placing relief pitcher Matt Reynolds on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left elbow.
One of the organization's top pitching prospects, Skaggs went 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA for the D-backs in three starts.
This is the first time Brewer, a 25-year-old right-hander, has been called up to the big league club. On the season, he is 3-6 with a 5.85 ERA for Triple-A Reno. Paterson, on the other hand, was an effective left-handed specialist for the team in 2011, but struggled early last season and was sent to the miners. He was 2-1 with a 2.36 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 24 relief appearances, and did not allow a run in any of his last 14 games with the Aces.
Reynolds is 0-2 with two saves and a 1.98 ERA for the D-backs this season.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.