Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 3:44 pm
Diamondbacks send P Tyler Skaggs to Triple-A
They also recalled pitchers Charles Brewer and Joe Paterson while placing relief pitcher Matt Reynolds on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left elbow.
One of the organization's top pitching prospects, Skaggs went 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA for the D-backs in three starts.
This is the first time Brewer, a 25-year-old right-hander, has been called up to the big league club. On the season, he is 3-6 with a 5.85 ERA for Triple-A Reno. Paterson, on the other hand, was an effective left-handed specialist for the team in 2011, but struggled early last season and was sent to the miners. He was 2-1 with a 2.36 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 24 relief appearances, and did not allow a run in any of his last 14 games with the Aces.
Reynolds is 0-2 with two saves and a 1.98 ERA for the D-backs this season.
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.