Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 7:36 am
Report: D-backs' pitcher Brandon McCarthy suffered seizure
D-backs' McCarthy OK after having seizure: Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy, sidelined last Septembe... es.pn/15ZYuAp— espnmlb (@espnmlb) June 9, 2013
Employees and patrons of the Rock Bottom Brewery in north Phoenix, along with McCarthy's wife, Amanda, assisted the 29-year-old pitcher during the episode. He was later admitted to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale.
Although doctors have linked the seizure to the head injury McCarthy suffered last season, the incident isn't expected to delay his return from the disabled list.
McCarthy is 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA in 11 starts for the Diamondbacks this season.
- Randy Wolf impressive in Triple-A start
- D-backs will consider 'any and everything' when it comes to personnel changes
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.