Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 7:36 am
Report: D-backs' pitcher Brandon McCarthy suffered seizure
D-backs' McCarthy OK after having seizure: Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy, sidelined last Septembe... es.pn/15ZYuAp— espnmlb (@espnmlb) June 9, 2013
Employees and patrons of the Rock Bottom Brewery in north Phoenix, along with McCarthy's wife, Amanda, assisted the 29-year-old pitcher during the episode. He was later admitted to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale.
Although doctors have linked the seizure to the head injury McCarthy suffered last season, the incident isn't expected to delay his return from the disabled list.
McCarthy is 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA in 11 starts for the Diamondbacks this season.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.