Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 7:36 am
Report: D-backs' pitcher Brandon McCarthy suffered seizure
D-backs' McCarthy OK after having seizure: Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy, sidelined last Septembe... es.pn/15ZYuAp— espnmlb (@espnmlb) June 9, 2013
Employees and patrons of the Rock Bottom Brewery in north Phoenix, along with McCarthy's wife, Amanda, assisted the 29-year-old pitcher during the episode. He was later admitted to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale.
Although doctors have linked the seizure to the head injury McCarthy suffered last season, the incident isn't expected to delay his return from the disabled list.
McCarthy is 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA in 11 starts for the Diamondbacks this season.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.