Updated Jun 8, 2013 - 5:23 pm
D-backs' manager Kirk Gibson: J.J. Putz 'threw the ball fine' off the mound
"It looked good," manager Kirk Gibson said of Putz's performance. "I asked him how he felt, because it felt a little strange [for him] getting on the mound. It seems like it's been longer really than it really has. But all and all, I think he felt good.
"He threw the ball fine. I'm sure he'll throw the ball better every time he throws."
Before landing on the disabled list, Putz was 2-1 with a 4.26 ERA, five saves and four blown saves.
In his absence, three-time All-Star Heath Bell has converted 10 of 11 save chances.
Gibson said Putz will throw off the mound again on Tuesday.
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.