Updated Jun 8, 2013 - 5:23 pm
D-backs' manager Kirk Gibson: J.J. Putz 'threw the ball fine' off the mound
"It looked good," manager Kirk Gibson said of Putz's performance. "I asked him how he felt, because it felt a little strange [for him] getting on the mound. It seems like it's been longer really than it really has. But all and all, I think he felt good.
"He threw the ball fine. I'm sure he'll throw the ball better every time he throws."
Before landing on the disabled list, Putz was 2-1 with a 4.26 ERA, five saves and four blown saves.
In his absence, three-time All-Star Heath Bell has converted 10 of 11 save chances.
Gibson said Putz will throw off the mound again on Tuesday.
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.