Updated Jun 8, 2013 - 10:54 pm
D-backs first baseman Paul Goldschmidt continues to deliver late
The 25-year-old leads the National League in RBI (58) and Wins Above Replacement (3.7), is second in on-base plus slugging percentage (1.004) and ranks in the top 5 in home runs (15), doubles (17), slugging percentage (.599), on-base percentage (.405) and hits (74).
But what's made Goldschmidt's campaign so impressive through 62 games is the timing of his production.
Friday night's game-winning, three-run home run in the eighth inning against the San Francisco Giants marked the fourth time this year the D-backs first baseman has hit a go-ahead blast in the eighth inning or later. The next closest player in that category is the Atlanta Braves' Evan Gattis with two.
Arguably more remarkable is that all four home runs have come in the last 32 days.
May 7, 2013 - Two-run shot off Brandon League in D-backs' 5-3 win over the Dodgers
May 8, 2013 - Solo shot off Kenley Jansen in D-backs' 3-2 win over the Dodgers
June 1, 2013 - Grand slam off Carlos Marmol in D-backs' 12-4 win over the Cubs
June 7, 2013 - Three-run shot off Jeremy Affeldt in D-backs' 3-1 win over the Giants
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.