Updated Jun 7, 2013 - 4:46 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Daniel Hudson re-tears UCL
The team announced Friday that the pitcher, who had left a rehab start with Double-A Mobile Tuesday complaining of stiffness in his elbow, suffered a re-tear of the UCL in his right elbow.
According to the team, the staff is currently exploring all medical options for the 26-year-old hurler.
Adversity is a fact of life. It can't be controlled. What we can control is how we react to it. Fall down seven times, stand up eight— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 7, 2013
Hudson last pitched in a Major League game on June 26, 2012, which he left due to elbow discomfort. It was learned that he had torn the elbow ligament, and underwent Tommy John Surgery shortly thereafter.
He had been working his way back, though, and before his lone start in Double-A had pitched in some extended spring training games. In late May, after an outing where he threw 74 pitches -- including 54 strikes -- while allowing four runs on seven hits, he tweeted out that his arm "felt great."
Some of Hudson's fellow D-backs chimed in with some thoughts:
Really bummed to hear abt Huddy... Kinda a punch in the gut. We all know he'll be strong about it tho and come back tougher than ever...— Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler) June 7, 2013
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.