Updated Jun 7, 2013 - 4:46 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Daniel Hudson re-tears UCL
The team announced Friday that the pitcher, who had left a rehab start with Double-A Mobile Tuesday complaining of stiffness in his elbow, suffered a re-tear of the UCL in his right elbow.
According to the team, the staff is currently exploring all medical options for the 26-year-old hurler.
Adversity is a fact of life. It can't be controlled. What we can control is how we react to it. Fall down seven times, stand up eight— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 7, 2013
Hudson last pitched in a Major League game on June 26, 2012, which he left due to elbow discomfort. It was learned that he had torn the elbow ligament, and underwent Tommy John Surgery shortly thereafter.
He had been working his way back, though, and before his lone start in Double-A had pitched in some extended spring training games. In late May, after an outing where he threw 74 pitches -- including 54 strikes -- while allowing four runs on seven hits, he tweeted out that his arm "felt great."
Some of Hudson's fellow D-backs chimed in with some thoughts:
Really bummed to hear abt Huddy... Kinda a punch in the gut. We all know he'll be strong about it tho and come back tougher than ever...— Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler) June 7, 2013
- Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
- Report: D-backs set sights on acquiring Angels outfielder Mark Trumbo
- Report: D-backs tried to land Yoenis Cespedes from A's in exchange for A.J. Pollock and Tyler Skaggs
- ESPN.com baseball writer Jerry Crasnick: D-backs trying to acquire elite starting pitcher this winter
- Rays acquire C Hanigan, RHP Bell in 3-team trade
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.