Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 12:51 pm
Goldschmidt's 3rd in All-Star voting, and I'm okay with it
What I don't understand is anyone being upset that he is currently third in the voting.
Look, we all would love it if Goldy was running away with the voting and would start at first base at CitiField in the Midsummer Classic. Goldschmidt is having a great year, hitting .336 with 14 home runs and 53 runs batted in.
Quite frankly I am surprised and somewhat happy that he has gotten as many votes as he has at this time. No other Diamondbacks player can be found anywhere near the top of the voting for their position. Now you can look at it as the glass half empty seeing him behind Joey Votto and Brandon Belt and wonder how. But I like to look at it optimistically, with the glass half full. The D-backs' first baseman is ahead of Freddie Freeman, Adrian Gonzalez, Ryan Howard, Allen Craig, Todd Helton, Adam LaRoche and a few others. Those are some big names and the fact that Goldschmidt has more votes than those guys says a lot about how baseball fans view him.
He is going to be in the All-Star Game this year, not as a starter but as a reserve. But the reality in the voting is that Goldschmidt is getting plenty of attention.
John Gambadoro, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.