Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 12:51 pm
Goldschmidt's 3rd in All-Star voting, and I'm okay with it
What I don't understand is anyone being upset that he is currently third in the voting.
Look, we all would love it if Goldy was running away with the voting and would start at first base at CitiField in the Midsummer Classic. Goldschmidt is having a great year, hitting .336 with 14 home runs and 53 runs batted in.
Quite frankly I am surprised and somewhat happy that he has gotten as many votes as he has at this time. No other Diamondbacks player can be found anywhere near the top of the voting for their position. Now you can look at it as the glass half empty seeing him behind Joey Votto and Brandon Belt and wonder how. But I like to look at it optimistically, with the glass half full. The D-backs' first baseman is ahead of Freddie Freeman, Adrian Gonzalez, Ryan Howard, Allen Craig, Todd Helton, Adam LaRoche and a few others. Those are some big names and the fact that Goldschmidt has more votes than those guys says a lot about how baseball fans view him.
He is going to be in the All-Star Game this year, not as a starter but as a reserve. But the reality in the voting is that Goldschmidt is getting plenty of attention.
John Gambadoro, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.