Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 12:51 pm
Goldschmidt's 3rd in All-Star voting, and I'm okay with it
What I don't understand is anyone being upset that he is currently third in the voting.
Look, we all would love it if Goldy was running away with the voting and would start at first base at CitiField in the Midsummer Classic. Goldschmidt is having a great year, hitting .336 with 14 home runs and 53 runs batted in.
Quite frankly I am surprised and somewhat happy that he has gotten as many votes as he has at this time. No other Diamondbacks player can be found anywhere near the top of the voting for their position. Now you can look at it as the glass half empty seeing him behind Joey Votto and Brandon Belt and wonder how. But I like to look at it optimistically, with the glass half full. The D-backs' first baseman is ahead of Freddie Freeman, Adrian Gonzalez, Ryan Howard, Allen Craig, Todd Helton, Adam LaRoche and a few others. Those are some big names and the fact that Goldschmidt has more votes than those guys says a lot about how baseball fans view him.
He is going to be in the All-Star Game this year, not as a starter but as a reserve. But the reality in the voting is that Goldschmidt is getting plenty of attention.
John Gambadoro, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Report: D-backs bring back 3B Eric Chavez for 2014 season
- D-backs GM: Archie Bradley has chance to be 'special in a hurry'
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks have not signed reliever Jose Valverde to minor-league deal
- Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers: 'There will be competition' for closer spot
- Report: RHP Addison Reed could be flipped for future trade
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs Pitcher - Wednesday December 18D-backs trying to win now, Ziggy talks about what that means for the clubhouse.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.