Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 9:25 am
ESPN analyst Kurkjian is buying into the Diamondbacks
"I would definitely buy both of those," he said.
Corbin, who is 9-0 with a 2.06 ERA, and Goldschmidt, who leads the team with a .336 average with 14 home runs and 53 RBI, have helped lead the team to a 34-25 record as well as a spot at the top of the NL West.
Then again, it's still fairly early in the season, and there's still plenty of baseball left to be played. The Diamondbacks may be in front now, but the defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants as well as the Colorado Rockies are just a couple games back.
"If the Diamondbacks hang on, and tell me," Kurkjian said, "where is the competition in the National League West? What team are you really afraid of right now?"
"I'm not sure that team's out there at the moment," he added. "It's going to be a dogfight, but to say the Diamondbacks, oh this is just a phase and they're going to fade, I don't think so."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Arizona Diamondbacks' GM Kevin Towers on why he traded Tyler Skaggs
- MLB insider on Diamondbacks: 'It's as if they've never seen Mark Trumbo play'
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.