Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 9:25 am
ESPN analyst Kurkjian is buying into the Diamondbacks
"I would definitely buy both of those," he said.
Corbin, who is 9-0 with a 2.06 ERA, and Goldschmidt, who leads the team with a .336 average with 14 home runs and 53 RBI, have helped lead the team to a 34-25 record as well as a spot at the top of the NL West.
Then again, it's still fairly early in the season, and there's still plenty of baseball left to be played. The Diamondbacks may be in front now, but the defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants as well as the Colorado Rockies are just a couple games back.
"If the Diamondbacks hang on, and tell me," Kurkjian said, "where is the competition in the National League West? What team are you really afraid of right now?"
"I'm not sure that team's out there at the moment," he added. "It's going to be a dogfight, but to say the Diamondbacks, oh this is just a phase and they're going to fade, I don't think so."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.