Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 9:25 am
ESPN analyst Kurkjian is buying into the Diamondbacks
"I would definitely buy both of those," he said.
Corbin, who is 9-0 with a 2.06 ERA, and Goldschmidt, who leads the team with a .336 average with 14 home runs and 53 RBI, have helped lead the team to a 34-25 record as well as a spot at the top of the NL West.
Then again, it's still fairly early in the season, and there's still plenty of baseball left to be played. The Diamondbacks may be in front now, but the defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants as well as the Colorado Rockies are just a couple games back.
"If the Diamondbacks hang on, and tell me," Kurkjian said, "where is the competition in the National League West? What team are you really afraid of right now?"
"I'm not sure that team's out there at the moment," he added. "It's going to be a dogfight, but to say the Diamondbacks, oh this is just a phase and they're going to fade, I don't think so."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.