Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 9:25 am
ESPN analyst Kurkjian is buying into the Diamondbacks
"I would definitely buy both of those," he said.
Corbin, who is 9-0 with a 2.06 ERA, and Goldschmidt, who leads the team with a .336 average with 14 home runs and 53 RBI, have helped lead the team to a 34-25 record as well as a spot at the top of the NL West.
Then again, it's still fairly early in the season, and there's still plenty of baseball left to be played. The Diamondbacks may be in front now, but the defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants as well as the Colorado Rockies are just a couple games back.
"If the Diamondbacks hang on, and tell me," Kurkjian said, "where is the competition in the National League West? What team are you really afraid of right now?"
"I'm not sure that team's out there at the moment," he added. "It's going to be a dogfight, but to say the Diamondbacks, oh this is just a phase and they're going to fade, I don't think so."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?