Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 9:25 am
ESPN analyst Kurkjian is buying into the Diamondbacks
"I would definitely buy both of those," he said.
Corbin, who is 9-0 with a 2.06 ERA, and Goldschmidt, who leads the team with a .336 average with 14 home runs and 53 RBI, have helped lead the team to a 34-25 record as well as a spot at the top of the NL West.
Then again, it's still fairly early in the season, and there's still plenty of baseball left to be played. The Diamondbacks may be in front now, but the defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants as well as the Colorado Rockies are just a couple games back.
"If the Diamondbacks hang on, and tell me," Kurkjian said, "where is the competition in the National League West? What team are you really afraid of right now?"
"I'm not sure that team's out there at the moment," he added. "It's going to be a dogfight, but to say the Diamondbacks, oh this is just a phase and they're going to fade, I don't think so."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Randy Wolf impressive in Triple-A start
- D-backs will consider 'any and everything' when it comes to personnel changes
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.