Paul Goldschmidt among NL leaders in All-Star votes at first base
Going into play on Tuesday, Goldschmidt is among the National League leaders in batting average, home runs and runs batted in.
He should be a lock to make the All-Star game, but he will need help from the fans if he wants to start.
Earlier Tuesday, Major League Baseball revealed the first update of the All-Star game ballots voted by the fans. The only Diamondback to rank in the top of the votes is Paul Goldschmidt at first base.
Goldschmidt, who has tallied 473,513 votes, currently trails the Reds' Joey Votto (1,044,742) and the Giants' Brandon Belt (513,371).
Former Diamondback outfielder Justin Upton currently ranks first among outfielders in the National League with 1,184,249 votes.
Fans can continue voting for their favorite players until Thursday, July 4th.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.