Paul Goldschmidt among NL leaders in All-Star votes at first base
Going into play on Tuesday, Goldschmidt is among the National League leaders in batting average, home runs and runs batted in.
He should be a lock to make the All-Star game, but he will need help from the fans if he wants to start.
Earlier Tuesday, Major League Baseball revealed the first update of the All-Star game ballots voted by the fans. The only Diamondback to rank in the top of the votes is Paul Goldschmidt at first base.
Goldschmidt, who has tallied 473,513 votes, currently trails the Reds' Joey Votto (1,044,742) and the Giants' Brandon Belt (513,371).
Former Diamondback outfielder Justin Upton currently ranks first among outfielders in the National League with 1,184,249 votes.
Fans can continue voting for their favorite players until Thursday, July 4th.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.