Paul Goldschmidt among NL leaders in All-Star votes at first base
Going into play on Tuesday, Goldschmidt is among the National League leaders in batting average, home runs and runs batted in.
He should be a lock to make the All-Star game, but he will need help from the fans if he wants to start.
Earlier Tuesday, Major League Baseball revealed the first update of the All-Star game ballots voted by the fans. The only Diamondback to rank in the top of the votes is Paul Goldschmidt at first base.
Goldschmidt, who has tallied 473,513 votes, currently trails the Reds' Joey Votto (1,044,742) and the Giants' Brandon Belt (513,371).
Former Diamondback outfielder Justin Upton currently ranks first among outfielders in the National League with 1,184,249 votes.
Fans can continue voting for their favorite players until Thursday, July 4th.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.