Paul Goldschmidt among NL leaders in All-Star votes at first base
Going into play on Tuesday, Goldschmidt is among the National League leaders in batting average, home runs and runs batted in.
He should be a lock to make the All-Star game, but he will need help from the fans if he wants to start.
Earlier Tuesday, Major League Baseball revealed the first update of the All-Star game ballots voted by the fans. The only Diamondback to rank in the top of the votes is Paul Goldschmidt at first base.
Goldschmidt, who has tallied 473,513 votes, currently trails the Reds' Joey Votto (1,044,742) and the Giants' Brandon Belt (513,371).
Former Diamondback outfielder Justin Upton currently ranks first among outfielders in the National League with 1,184,249 votes.
Fans can continue voting for their favorite players until Thursday, July 4th.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.