Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 7:57 am
Daniel Hudson left Double-A rehab start with elbow stiffness
Daniel Hudson made his first rehab start for Double-A Mobile on Tuesday afternoon.
Hudson pitched two innings giving up two hits, one run with one walk and a strikeout.
After the game, Hudson was on his way back to Phoenix, possibly with a setback. Nick Piecoro, of The Arizona Republic, is with the team in St. Louis and tweeted that Hudson's outing was shortened due to a re-emergence of pain in his elbow.
Dbacks say that Daniel Hudson left his start with Double-A Mobile with elbow stiffness and is returning to Phoenix to Dr. Michael Lee.— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) June 5, 2013
Hudson himself tweeted a few times early Wednesday.
Worst flight of my life last year. Never thought I would have to do it again so soon. Good news is the elbow feels different than last time— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 5, 2013
So here's to staying positive. Thanks for all of the positive messages. They were nice to wake up to. You guys are the best #StayHumble— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 5, 2013
Hudson is battling back from Tommy John surgery on his throwing elbow last July.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.