Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 7:57 am
Daniel Hudson left Double-A rehab start with elbow stiffness
Daniel Hudson made his first rehab start for Double-A Mobile on Tuesday afternoon.
Hudson pitched two innings giving up two hits, one run with one walk and a strikeout.
After the game, Hudson was on his way back to Phoenix, possibly with a setback. Nick Piecoro, of The Arizona Republic, is with the team in St. Louis and tweeted that Hudson's outing was shortened due to a re-emergence of pain in his elbow.
Dbacks say that Daniel Hudson left his start with Double-A Mobile with elbow stiffness and is returning to Phoenix to Dr. Michael Lee.— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) June 5, 2013
Hudson himself tweeted a few times early Wednesday.
Worst flight of my life last year. Never thought I would have to do it again so soon. Good news is the elbow feels different than last time— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 5, 2013
So here's to staying positive. Thanks for all of the positive messages. They were nice to wake up to. You guys are the best #StayHumble— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 5, 2013
Hudson is battling back from Tommy John surgery on his throwing elbow last July.
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.