Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 7:57 am
Daniel Hudson left Double-A rehab start with elbow stiffness
Daniel Hudson made his first rehab start for Double-A Mobile on Tuesday afternoon.
Hudson pitched two innings giving up two hits, one run with one walk and a strikeout.
After the game, Hudson was on his way back to Phoenix, possibly with a setback. Nick Piecoro, of The Arizona Republic, is with the team in St. Louis and tweeted that Hudson's outing was shortened due to a re-emergence of pain in his elbow.
Dbacks say that Daniel Hudson left his start with Double-A Mobile with elbow stiffness and is returning to Phoenix to Dr. Michael Lee.— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) June 5, 2013
Hudson himself tweeted a few times early Wednesday.
Worst flight of my life last year. Never thought I would have to do it again so soon. Good news is the elbow feels different than last time— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 5, 2013
So here's to staying positive. Thanks for all of the positive messages. They were nice to wake up to. You guys are the best #StayHumble— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 5, 2013
Hudson is battling back from Tommy John surgery on his throwing elbow last July.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.