Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 9:22 am
D-backs fall one spot in ESPN Power Rankings
Kirk Gibson's team is 32-24 and leading the National League West by 2.5 games entering a four-game series with the St. Louis Cardinals Monday.
They just finished up a 4-2 week that included a double header sweep of the AL West-leading Texas Rangers and back-to-back wins at Wrigley Field that saw them pound out 30 hits and score 20 runs.
So, how did they fall one spot in ESPN's latest MLB Power Rankings?
The Diamondbacks took a step back from 10th to 11th in this week's ranking, one spot behind the New York Yankees, who fell five spots after a disastrous 1-6 week.
David Schoenfeld of ESPN's SweetSpot blog wrote the following about the D-backs:
Patrick Corbin is now 9-0 with a 2.06 ERA, although he's given up four runs in each of his past two starts. Meanwhile, Wade Miley has lost four starts in a row, allowing 23 runs in 21 2/3 innings with six home runs allowed. Tyler Skaggs, after pitching six scoreless innings in his 2013 debut, starts again on Tuesday in a big series in St. Louis.
In case you're wondering, the Cardinals (37-19) top the list and are followed by Texas, Cincinnati, Boston and Atlanta.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.