Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 9:22 am
D-backs fall one spot in ESPN Power Rankings
Kirk Gibson's team is 32-24 and leading the National League West by 2.5 games entering a four-game series with the St. Louis Cardinals Monday.
They just finished up a 4-2 week that included a double header sweep of the AL West-leading Texas Rangers and back-to-back wins at Wrigley Field that saw them pound out 30 hits and score 20 runs.
So, how did they fall one spot in ESPN's latest MLB Power Rankings?
The Diamondbacks took a step back from 10th to 11th in this week's ranking, one spot behind the New York Yankees, who fell five spots after a disastrous 1-6 week.
David Schoenfeld of ESPN's SweetSpot blog wrote the following about the D-backs:
Patrick Corbin is now 9-0 with a 2.06 ERA, although he's given up four runs in each of his past two starts. Meanwhile, Wade Miley has lost four starts in a row, allowing 23 runs in 21 2/3 innings with six home runs allowed. Tyler Skaggs, after pitching six scoreless innings in his 2013 debut, starts again on Tuesday in a big series in St. Louis.
In case you're wondering, the Cardinals (37-19) top the list and are followed by Texas, Cincinnati, Boston and Atlanta.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.