Updated Jun 1, 2013 - 1:20 pm
D-backs place Brandon McCarthy on DL, recall Randall Delgado
The Arizona Diamondbacks have placed right-hander Brandon McCarthy on the disabled list and recalled right-hander Randall Delgado from Triple-A Reno on Saturday.
Source: McCarthy to DL for #Diamondbacks. Delgado to take his place on roster.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) June 1, 2013
Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin confirmed the D-backs' right-hander is suffering from inflammation in his right shoulder.
Official: Dbacks recalled RHP Randall Delgado from Triple-A Reno & placed RHP Brandon McCarthy on 15-day DL w/ inflammation rt shoulder— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) June 1, 2013
According to MLB.com writer Steve Gilbert, the D-backs will likely turn to left-hander Tyler Skaggs to start Tuesday in St. Louis.
#Dbacks put RHP Brandon McCarthy on DL and recall RHP Randall Delgado for now. Likely will use LHP Tyler Skaggs on Tuesday in StL.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) June 1, 2013
McCarthy is 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA and 39 strikeouts in 66.2 innings of work this season. The 29-year-old signed a two-year, $15.5 million contract with the D-backs this past offseason.
Delgado has struggled in 11 starts with Triple-A Reno, posting an inflated 6.84 ERA. The D-backs acquired the 23-year-old right-hander from the Atlanta Braves as part of the Justin Upton deal this January.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.