Updated Jun 1, 2013 - 1:20 pm
D-backs place Brandon McCarthy on DL, recall Randall Delgado
The Arizona Diamondbacks have placed right-hander Brandon McCarthy on the disabled list and recalled right-hander Randall Delgado from Triple-A Reno on Saturday.
Source: McCarthy to DL for #Diamondbacks. Delgado to take his place on roster.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) June 1, 2013
Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin confirmed the D-backs' right-hander is suffering from inflammation in his right shoulder.
Official: Dbacks recalled RHP Randall Delgado from Triple-A Reno & placed RHP Brandon McCarthy on 15-day DL w/ inflammation rt shoulder— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) June 1, 2013
According to MLB.com writer Steve Gilbert, the D-backs will likely turn to left-hander Tyler Skaggs to start Tuesday in St. Louis.
#Dbacks put RHP Brandon McCarthy on DL and recall RHP Randall Delgado for now. Likely will use LHP Tyler Skaggs on Tuesday in StL.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) June 1, 2013
McCarthy is 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA and 39 strikeouts in 66.2 innings of work this season. The 29-year-old signed a two-year, $15.5 million contract with the D-backs this past offseason.
Delgado has struggled in 11 starts with Triple-A Reno, posting an inflated 6.84 ERA. The D-backs acquired the 23-year-old right-hander from the Atlanta Braves as part of the Justin Upton deal this January.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.