Updated May 31, 2013 - 8:14 am
D-backs activate Willie Bloomquist, place Eric Chavez on DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks have reinstated infielder Willie Bloomquist and placed infielder Eric Chavez on the 15-day disabled list prior to their weekend series against the Chicago Cubs.
Bloomquist has yet to play in a game this season after straining his right intercostal in spring training. In four rehab games with the Reno Aces he went 7-for-15 with four runs scored and eight RBI.
The veteran Chavez suffered a strained right oblique in the first inning against the Texas Rangers on Thursday. After fouling off a pitch Chavez took his bat and walked slowly to the Arizona dugout and into the clubhouse.
Through 38 games he hit .325 with seven home runs, seven doubles and 25 RBI.
Chavez is in his first year with the team.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.