Updated May 31, 2013 - 8:14 am
D-backs activate Willie Bloomquist, place Eric Chavez on DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks have reinstated infielder Willie Bloomquist and placed infielder Eric Chavez on the 15-day disabled list prior to their weekend series against the Chicago Cubs.
Bloomquist has yet to play in a game this season after straining his right intercostal in spring training. In four rehab games with the Reno Aces he went 7-for-15 with four runs scored and eight RBI.
The veteran Chavez suffered a strained right oblique in the first inning against the Texas Rangers on Thursday. After fouling off a pitch Chavez took his bat and walked slowly to the Arizona dugout and into the clubhouse.
Through 38 games he hit .325 with seven home runs, seven doubles and 25 RBI.
Chavez is in his first year with the team.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.