Updated May 31, 2013 - 8:14 am
D-backs activate Willie Bloomquist, place Eric Chavez on DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks have reinstated infielder Willie Bloomquist and placed infielder Eric Chavez on the 15-day disabled list prior to their weekend series against the Chicago Cubs.
Bloomquist has yet to play in a game this season after straining his right intercostal in spring training. In four rehab games with the Reno Aces he went 7-for-15 with four runs scored and eight RBI.
The veteran Chavez suffered a strained right oblique in the first inning against the Texas Rangers on Thursday. After fouling off a pitch Chavez took his bat and walked slowly to the Arizona dugout and into the clubhouse.
Through 38 games he hit .325 with seven home runs, seven doubles and 25 RBI.
Chavez is in his first year with the team.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?