Updated May 30, 2013 - 10:10 am
D-backs, Rangers game postponed due to poor weather in Arlington
A severe thunderstorm passed over Arlington Stadium about an hour before first pitch, and after surveying the field with other officials, managers Kirk Gibson and Ron Washington deemed it unplayable and agreed at around 6:00 p.m. MST to postpone the game.
Wednesday night's postponed game will be made up at a later date.
The D-backs and Rangers will play a single game Thursday morning.
Brandon McCarthy (2-3, 4.36), who pitched for the Rangers from 2007-09, will still get the nod for the D-backs. Texas will counter with rookie right-hander Justin Grimm (4-3, 4.05).
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.