Updated May 30, 2013 - 10:10 am
D-backs, Rangers game postponed due to poor weather in Arlington
A severe thunderstorm passed over Arlington Stadium about an hour before first pitch, and after surveying the field with other officials, managers Kirk Gibson and Ron Washington deemed it unplayable and agreed at around 6:00 p.m. MST to postpone the game.
Wednesday night's postponed game will be made up at a later date.
The D-backs and Rangers will play a single game Thursday morning.
Brandon McCarthy (2-3, 4.36), who pitched for the Rangers from 2007-09, will still get the nod for the D-backs. Texas will counter with rookie right-hander Justin Grimm (4-3, 4.05).
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.