Updated May 29, 2013 - 4:46 pm
D-backs' GM Kevin Towers faces decision when Daniel Hudson returns
His general manager agrees.
"(Hudson) is probably going to go on a rehab (assignment), probably to Mobile next week some time, if he feels good tomorrow," Kevin Towers told Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Wednesday. "We'll wait and check on him again tomorrow, but if there's no hiccups and the arm feels good, he'll probably have at least a start or two in Double-A there."
Hudson threw 74 pitches against the Giants' minor leaguers Wednesday, with 54 going for strikes. He allowed four runs on seven hits while striking out three and walking one.
His gradual return to health means he's getting closer to a return to the Majors, where he hasn't pitched since last June 26. And that means Towers will face a big decision when Hudson's ready to return.
"We'll have to figure out what we do," Towers said. "At that point in time, hopefully all of our starters are throwing good and it makes it a tough decision, but it's nice to have the depth."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.