Updated May 29, 2013 - 4:46 pm
D-backs' GM Kevin Towers faces decision when Daniel Hudson returns
His general manager agrees.
"(Hudson) is probably going to go on a rehab (assignment), probably to Mobile next week some time, if he feels good tomorrow," Kevin Towers told Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Wednesday. "We'll wait and check on him again tomorrow, but if there's no hiccups and the arm feels good, he'll probably have at least a start or two in Double-A there."
Hudson threw 74 pitches against the Giants' minor leaguers Wednesday, with 54 going for strikes. He allowed four runs on seven hits while striking out three and walking one.
His gradual return to health means he's getting closer to a return to the Majors, where he hasn't pitched since last June 26. And that means Towers will face a big decision when Hudson's ready to return.
"We'll have to figure out what we do," Towers said. "At that point in time, hopefully all of our starters are throwing good and it makes it a tough decision, but it's nice to have the depth."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?