Updated May 28, 2013 - 9:31 am
Archie Bradley ranked ninth-best MLB prospect by ESPN insider
Twenty-year-old Archie Bradley ranked 29th on Law's list.
What a difference two months can make.
Law released his revised list Tuesday morning and Bradley has moved up 20 spots to number nine overall.
Bradley always had ace-quality stuff, with a fastball up to 98 mph and a curveball from hell, but his control troubles last year appear to be behind him. He has walked just more than 10 percent of hitters this year after walking more than 14 percent of them last year. Diamondbacks fans should be gritty -- I mean, giddy -- over the prospect of a rotation with Bradley, Pat Corbin, Tyler Skaggs, Wade Miley and Daniel Hudson by Opening Day of 2015.
Bradley, who was drafted seventh overall by the Diamondbacks out of Broken Arrow High School in Oklahoma in 2011, has been dominant at the Minor League level this season.
In 10 starts between Class-A Visalia and Double-A Mobile, Bradley is 6-0 with a 0.99 ERA. He has struck out 73 and walked only 23 in 54.2 innings. In 39 appearances in the minors (38 starts) over three seasons, Bradley is 18-6 with a 2.99 ERA and 229 strikeouts in 192.2 innings.
On Law's list, Bradley is the second-ranked pitcher behind only Seattle prospect Taijuan Walker.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.