Updated May 27, 2013 - 6:17 pm
Willie Bloomquist shines in Triple-A rehab assignment
Bloomquist, who was put on the 15-day disabled list on March 27 with a right intercostal strain, had an impressive stint with Triple-A Reno over the weekend.
On Friday and Saturday night, the 35-year-old played seven innings in the field and went 3-of-7 at the plate with four RBI and two runs scored.
In 2012, Bloomquist played 80 games with the D-backs and hit .260 with four home runs and 26 RBI.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.