Updated May 26, 2013 - 12:11 pm
Ian Kennedy suffers lacerated finger, start pushed back to Friday
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson told reporters before Sunday's game that Kennedy suffered the injury while cleaning dishes. Kennedy, who is 2-3 with a 4.70 ERA in 2013, will start again on Friday afternoon at Wrigley Field against the Chicago Cubs.
"They just wanted to be careful since we have the doubleheader and that extra player," Kennedy said. "They're pushing me back in the rotation a little bit, but it gives me a few extra days to heal naturally."
Left-hander Tyler Skaggs (4-5, 5.23 ERA) will be called up from Triple-A Reno to make the start in Game 1 of the doubleheader, while Trevor Cahill will take Kennedy's turn in the rotation Monday night.
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 9When is it time to make changes?