Updated May 26, 2013 - 12:11 pm
Ian Kennedy suffers lacerated finger, start pushed back to Friday
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson told reporters before Sunday's game that Kennedy suffered the injury while cleaning dishes. Kennedy, who is 2-3 with a 4.70 ERA in 2013, will start again on Friday afternoon at Wrigley Field against the Chicago Cubs.
"They just wanted to be careful since we have the doubleheader and that extra player," Kennedy said. "They're pushing me back in the rotation a little bit, but it gives me a few extra days to heal naturally."
Left-hander Tyler Skaggs (4-5, 5.23 ERA) will be called up from Triple-A Reno to make the start in Game 1 of the doubleheader, while Trevor Cahill will take Kennedy's turn in the rotation Monday night.
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.