Updated May 23, 2013 - 10:07 am
D-backs OF Adam Eaton gets good news on injury front
As it turns out the soreness the 24-year-old felt is nothing to be alarmed about.
The D-backs released a statement Thursday saying Eaton met with Dr. Michael Lee, who determined there is irritation to the UCL but no structural damage. Eaton, the statement says, is expected to go through 2-3 weeks of strengthening exercises before beginning a throwing program.
Eaton was expected to be the D-backs' starting center fielder this season, but the injury suffered in spring training has put all that on hold. After hitting .259 with two home runs and five RBI last season, he was tearing up the Cactus League to the tune of a .390 average with a home run and 10 RBI.
In 31 at-bats with Triple-A Reno during a rehab assignment, Eaton hit .129 with four RBI and seven strikeouts.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.