Updated May 23, 2013 - 10:07 am
D-backs OF Adam Eaton gets good news on injury front
As it turns out the soreness the 24-year-old felt is nothing to be alarmed about.
The D-backs released a statement Thursday saying Eaton met with Dr. Michael Lee, who determined there is irritation to the UCL but no structural damage. Eaton, the statement says, is expected to go through 2-3 weeks of strengthening exercises before beginning a throwing program.
Eaton was expected to be the D-backs' starting center fielder this season, but the injury suffered in spring training has put all that on hold. After hitting .259 with two home runs and five RBI last season, he was tearing up the Cactus League to the tune of a .390 average with a home run and 10 RBI.
In 31 at-bats with Triple-A Reno during a rehab assignment, Eaton hit .129 with four RBI and seven strikeouts.
- Dose of Venom: Nuño denied first NL victory, D-backs bullpen implodes in crushing loss to Pirates
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.