Updated May 22, 2013 - 10:45 am
Diamondbacks' Adam Eaton suffers small setback in recovery from injury
However, he may have hit a bit of a speed bump.
#Dbacks OF Adam Eaton has returned to Phx to see doc after having soreness in elbow.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) May 22, 2013
Gilbert, who covers the Diamondbacks for ArizonaDiamondbacks.com, reports Eaton said his elbow does not feel as bad as it did when he first hurt it and is hoping this issue will be over with soon. But, the 24-year-old added, "It just feels like someone punched me in the stomach."
Eaton, who hit .259 with two home runs, five RBI and a pair of stolen bases last season, was projected to be the team's starting center fielder this year. He was having a monster spring, hitting .390 with a home run and 10 RBI before the injury.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.