Updated May 22, 2013 - 10:45 am
Diamondbacks' Adam Eaton suffers small setback in recovery from injury
However, he may have hit a bit of a speed bump.
#Dbacks OF Adam Eaton has returned to Phx to see doc after having soreness in elbow.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) May 22, 2013
Gilbert, who covers the Diamondbacks for ArizonaDiamondbacks.com, reports Eaton said his elbow does not feel as bad as it did when he first hurt it and is hoping this issue will be over with soon. But, the 24-year-old added, "It just feels like someone punched me in the stomach."
Eaton, who hit .259 with two home runs, five RBI and a pair of stolen bases last season, was projected to be the team's starting center fielder this year. He was having a monster spring, hitting .390 with a home run and 10 RBI before the injury.
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.