Updated May 16, 2013 - 1:34 pm
ESPN MLB analyst: Patrick Corbin 'going very high places' in baseball
The young lefty, who is 6-0 on the season and boasts a sparkling 1.52 ERA, is now on the national radar.
"That kid is really good and the Diamondbacks have not lost any of his starts," ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian accurately stated to Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "He's won a bunch of them himself, but the point is he never -- or at least, he hasn't -- pitched himself out of any games so far."
Kurkjian said a bad performance from the starter can lead to the bullpen being overworked, among other things, and Corbin's ability to avoid such outings is invaluable.
As it is, Corbin has thrown at least six innings in every one of his eight starts, and has allowed no more than two runs in any of them.
"He really, really knows what he's doing out there, from the people that I've talked to," Kurkjian said. "And I know he was in a battle to win a rotation spot this spring, but I think that competition's over.
"That kid is going very high places in this game."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Miley struggles in opener, Phillies top D-backs: By The Numbers
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.