Updated May 16, 2013 - 1:34 pm
ESPN MLB analyst: Patrick Corbin 'going very high places' in baseball
The young lefty, who is 6-0 on the season and boasts a sparkling 1.52 ERA, is now on the national radar.
"That kid is really good and the Diamondbacks have not lost any of his starts," ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian accurately stated to Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "He's won a bunch of them himself, but the point is he never -- or at least, he hasn't -- pitched himself out of any games so far."
Kurkjian said a bad performance from the starter can lead to the bullpen being overworked, among other things, and Corbin's ability to avoid such outings is invaluable.
As it is, Corbin has thrown at least six innings in every one of his eight starts, and has allowed no more than two runs in any of them.
"He really, really knows what he's doing out there, from the people that I've talked to," Kurkjian said. "And I know he was in a battle to win a rotation spot this spring, but I think that competition's over.
"That kid is going very high places in this game."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.