Updated May 16, 2013 - 1:34 pm
ESPN MLB analyst: Patrick Corbin 'going very high places' in baseball
The young lefty, who is 6-0 on the season and boasts a sparkling 1.52 ERA, is now on the national radar.
"That kid is really good and the Diamondbacks have not lost any of his starts," ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian accurately stated to Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "He's won a bunch of them himself, but the point is he never -- or at least, he hasn't -- pitched himself out of any games so far."
Kurkjian said a bad performance from the starter can lead to the bullpen being overworked, among other things, and Corbin's ability to avoid such outings is invaluable.
As it is, Corbin has thrown at least six innings in every one of his eight starts, and has allowed no more than two runs in any of them.
"He really, really knows what he's doing out there, from the people that I've talked to," Kurkjian said. "And I know he was in a battle to win a rotation spot this spring, but I think that competition's over.
"That kid is going very high places in this game."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Does Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Trevor Cahill pitch better when Tuffy Gosewisch is catching?
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.