Updated May 15, 2013 - 3:58 pm
Patrick Corbin joins other D-backs aces with great start
Through eight starts, the lefty has yet to lose a game.
Through eight starts, the number five starter has yet to allow more than two runs in any single performance.
Through eight starts, Corbin has thrown at least six innings per outing.
The 23-year-old's efforts have placed him in some elite company with regards to the team's history, as both Randy Johnson and Brandon Webb went deep into respective seasons without a loss.
But how does Corbin compare to the two former aces? Take a look at each pitcher's numbers through eight starts.
|Player||Randy Johnson (2000)*||Brandon Webb (2008)||Patrick Corbin (2013)|
|Ran Streak To||7-0||9-0||Still going|
* Johnson also started 6-0 in 2002.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.