Updated May 15, 2013 - 3:58 pm
Patrick Corbin joins other D-backs aces with great start
Through eight starts, the lefty has yet to lose a game.
Through eight starts, the number five starter has yet to allow more than two runs in any single performance.
Through eight starts, Corbin has thrown at least six innings per outing.
The 23-year-old's efforts have placed him in some elite company with regards to the team's history, as both Randy Johnson and Brandon Webb went deep into respective seasons without a loss.
But how does Corbin compare to the two former aces? Take a look at each pitcher's numbers through eight starts.
|Player||Randy Johnson (2000)*||Brandon Webb (2008)||Patrick Corbin (2013)|
|Ran Streak To||7-0||9-0||Still going|
* Johnson also started 6-0 in 2002.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.