Updated May 15, 2013 - 3:58 pm
Patrick Corbin joins other D-backs aces with great start
Through eight starts, the lefty has yet to lose a game.
Through eight starts, the number five starter has yet to allow more than two runs in any single performance.
Through eight starts, Corbin has thrown at least six innings per outing.
The 23-year-old's efforts have placed him in some elite company with regards to the team's history, as both Randy Johnson and Brandon Webb went deep into respective seasons without a loss.
But how does Corbin compare to the two former aces? Take a look at each pitcher's numbers through eight starts.
|Player||Randy Johnson (2000)*||Brandon Webb (2008)||Patrick Corbin (2013)|
|Ran Streak To||7-0||9-0||Still going|
* Johnson also started 6-0 in 2002.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- In second year with D-backs, Martin Prado finally feeling 'comfortable and settled'
- No clear lineup materializing for 2014 Arizona Diamondbacks
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill 'unable to execute' against Oakland
- D-backs president Hall: Mark Trumbo is 'everything as advertised'
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Patrick Corbin where he needs to be moving towards season opener
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.