D-backs place SS Didi Gregorius on DL, activate OF Jason Kubel
The Arizona Diamondbacks placed shortstop Didi Gregorius on the 7-day disabled list with a mild concussion, retroactive to April 27. In a corresponding roster move, the D-backs activated outfielder Jason Kubel from the 15-day DL prior to Sunday's game against the Colorado Rockies.
Gregorius got hit in the head with a 93 MPH fastball thrown by Josh Outman in the seventh inning of the D-backs' 6-3 loss on Friday night. The 23-year-old had tests run Sunday morning and the team opted to disable him.
The D-backs' shortstop has hit .407 with two home runs and two RBI in 27 at-bats this season.
Kubel was put on the disabled list with a strained left quad on April 13, after suffering the injury on April 5 against the Brewers in Milwaukee.
The veteran outfielder hit .333 with two home runs and six RBI in 30 at-bats this season. Kubel went 3-for-4 with a home run in an extended spring training game on Saturday.
The 30-year-old was set to play in rehab games on Monday and Tuesday at Triple-A Reno, but the D-backs opted instead to reinstate Kubel early.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.