D-backs place SS Didi Gregorius on DL, activate OF Jason Kubel
The Arizona Diamondbacks placed shortstop Didi Gregorius on the 7-day disabled list with a mild concussion, retroactive to April 27. In a corresponding roster move, the D-backs activated outfielder Jason Kubel from the 15-day DL prior to Sunday's game against the Colorado Rockies.
Gregorius got hit in the head with a 93 MPH fastball thrown by Josh Outman in the seventh inning of the D-backs' 6-3 loss on Friday night. The 23-year-old had tests run Sunday morning and the team opted to disable him.
The D-backs' shortstop has hit .407 with two home runs and two RBI in 27 at-bats this season.
Kubel was put on the disabled list with a strained left quad on April 13, after suffering the injury on April 5 against the Brewers in Milwaukee.
The veteran outfielder hit .333 with two home runs and six RBI in 30 at-bats this season. Kubel went 3-for-4 with a home run in an extended spring training game on Saturday.
The 30-year-old was set to play in rehab games on Monday and Tuesday at Triple-A Reno, but the D-backs opted instead to reinstate Kubel early.
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.