Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 1:20 pm
Didi Gregorius has impressive D-backs debut
Didi Gregorius hit a home run in his first at bat off of Yankees starter Phil Hughes, and then doubled in his second at bat against the hurler. It was his first big league homer.
Gregorius, who finished 2-for-5 on the night, also played stellar defense as the Diamondbacks earned a 6-2 win in extra innings.
"It's every kid's dream to be able to play in this stadium," Gregorius told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic. "I got a chance and I hit a home run, too. It was really exciting for me."
This was not Gregorius' Major League debut, as that came with the Cincinnati Reds last season. But as far as first impressions with a new team can go, it would have been tough for the 23-year-old to do any better.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.