Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 1:20 pm
Didi Gregorius has impressive D-backs debut
Didi Gregorius hit a home run in his first at bat off of Yankees starter Phil Hughes, and then doubled in his second at bat against the hurler. It was his first big league homer.
Gregorius, who finished 2-for-5 on the night, also played stellar defense as the Diamondbacks earned a 6-2 win in extra innings.
"It's every kid's dream to be able to play in this stadium," Gregorius told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic. "I got a chance and I hit a home run, too. It was really exciting for me."
This was not Gregorius' Major League debut, as that came with the Cincinnati Reds last season. But as far as first impressions with a new team can go, it would have been tough for the 23-year-old to do any better.
- Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
- Report: Diamondbacks in serious discussions about acquiring Angels outfielder Mark Trumbo
- Report: D-backs tried to land Yoenis Cespedes from A's in exchange for A.J. Pollock and Tyler Skaggs
- ESPN.com baseball writer Jerry Crasnick: D-backs trying to acquire elite starting pitcher this winter
- Rays acquire C Hanigan, RHP Bell in 3-team trade
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.