Updated Apr 15, 2013 - 4:16 pm
D-backs up seven spots in ESPN Power Rankings
The Diamondbacks lost two of three to the Pittsburgh Pirates before taking two of three from the Los Angeles Dodgers to move up to eighth in this week's poll.
With a record of 8-4, Arizona ranks behind only Atlanta (first), Washington (third), San Francisco (fourth) and St. Louis (fifth) among National League teams.
Says David Schoenfeld of ESPN's Sweet Spot Blog:
The D-backs begin a nine-game road trip on Tuesday against the Yankees, Rockies and Giants. Second-year lefties Wade Miley and Patrick Corbin are a combined 4-0 in four starts.
That nine-game bi-coastal road trip will be followed by a seven-game homestand against division foes Colorado and San Francisco to close out the opening month of the season.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.