Updated Apr 15, 2013 - 4:16 pm
D-backs up seven spots in ESPN Power Rankings
The Diamondbacks lost two of three to the Pittsburgh Pirates before taking two of three from the Los Angeles Dodgers to move up to eighth in this week's poll.
With a record of 8-4, Arizona ranks behind only Atlanta (first), Washington (third), San Francisco (fourth) and St. Louis (fifth) among National League teams.
Says David Schoenfeld of ESPN's Sweet Spot Blog:
The D-backs begin a nine-game road trip on Tuesday against the Yankees, Rockies and Giants. Second-year lefties Wade Miley and Patrick Corbin are a combined 4-0 in four starts.
That nine-game bi-coastal road trip will be followed by a seven-game homestand against division foes Colorado and San Francisco to close out the opening month of the season.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.