Updated Apr 15, 2013 - 4:16 pm
D-backs up seven spots in ESPN Power Rankings
The Diamondbacks lost two of three to the Pittsburgh Pirates before taking two of three from the Los Angeles Dodgers to move up to eighth in this week's poll.
With a record of 8-4, Arizona ranks behind only Atlanta (first), Washington (third), San Francisco (fourth) and St. Louis (fifth) among National League teams.
Says David Schoenfeld of ESPN's Sweet Spot Blog:
The D-backs begin a nine-game road trip on Tuesday against the Yankees, Rockies and Giants. Second-year lefties Wade Miley and Patrick Corbin are a combined 4-0 in four starts.
That nine-game bi-coastal road trip will be followed by a seven-game homestand against division foes Colorado and San Francisco to close out the opening month of the season.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.