Updated Apr 15, 2013 - 4:16 pm
D-backs up seven spots in ESPN Power Rankings
The Diamondbacks lost two of three to the Pittsburgh Pirates before taking two of three from the Los Angeles Dodgers to move up to eighth in this week's poll.
With a record of 8-4, Arizona ranks behind only Atlanta (first), Washington (third), San Francisco (fourth) and St. Louis (fifth) among National League teams.
Says David Schoenfeld of ESPN's Sweet Spot Blog:
The D-backs begin a nine-game road trip on Tuesday against the Yankees, Rockies and Giants. Second-year lefties Wade Miley and Patrick Corbin are a combined 4-0 in four starts.
That nine-game bi-coastal road trip will be followed by a seven-game homestand against division foes Colorado and San Francisco to close out the opening month of the season.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.