Updated Apr 13, 2013 - 4:15 pm
D-backs activate Cody Ross, place Jason Kubel on DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced they have activated outfielder Cody Ross from the disabled list and placed outfielder Jason Kubel on the DL prior to Saturday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Kubel, who missed Friday's opener against the Dodgers, had an MRI on Saturday afternoon and manager Kirk Gibson opted to place his outfielder on the 15-day DL with a strained left quadriceps.
The 30-year-old is hitting .333 with two home runs and six RBI in eight games for the D-backs this season.
Ross, who signed a three-year deal with the D-backs back in December, will see his first action with the team after suffering a left calf sprain early in spring training.
He went 2-for-3 with a double and two RBI in one rehabilitation assignment with Triple-A Reno on Friday night. He had played six games with Single-A Visalia before joining the Aces.
In seven rehab games, the 32-year-old veteran outfielder went 4-for-19 with a .211 average.
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.