Updated Apr 13, 2013 - 4:15 pm
D-backs activate Cody Ross, place Jason Kubel on DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced they have activated outfielder Cody Ross from the disabled list and placed outfielder Jason Kubel on the DL prior to Saturday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Kubel, who missed Friday's opener against the Dodgers, had an MRI on Saturday afternoon and manager Kirk Gibson opted to place his outfielder on the 15-day DL with a strained left quadriceps.
The 30-year-old is hitting .333 with two home runs and six RBI in eight games for the D-backs this season.
Ross, who signed a three-year deal with the D-backs back in December, will see his first action with the team after suffering a left calf sprain early in spring training.
He went 2-for-3 with a double and two RBI in one rehabilitation assignment with Triple-A Reno on Friday night. He had played six games with Single-A Visalia before joining the Aces.
In seven rehab games, the 32-year-old veteran outfielder went 4-for-19 with a .211 average.
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.