Updated Apr 13, 2013 - 4:15 pm
D-backs activate Cody Ross, place Jason Kubel on DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced they have activated outfielder Cody Ross from the disabled list and placed outfielder Jason Kubel on the DL prior to Saturday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Kubel, who missed Friday's opener against the Dodgers, had an MRI on Saturday afternoon and manager Kirk Gibson opted to place his outfielder on the 15-day DL with a strained left quadriceps.
The 30-year-old is hitting .333 with two home runs and six RBI in eight games for the D-backs this season.
Ross, who signed a three-year deal with the D-backs back in December, will see his first action with the team after suffering a left calf sprain early in spring training.
He went 2-for-3 with a double and two RBI in one rehabilitation assignment with Triple-A Reno on Friday night. He had played six games with Single-A Visalia before joining the Aces.
In seven rehab games, the 32-year-old veteran outfielder went 4-for-19 with a .211 average.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.