Updated Apr 12, 2013 - 11:15 pm
Cody Ross looks good at the plate in rehab assignment with Reno Aces
While the Aces dropped their 2013 home opener 16-8 to the Sacramento River Cats, outfielder Cody Ross went 2-for-3 with a double and two RBI in his first rehabilitation assignment with the Triple-A squad. He also played seven innings in right field.
Ross, who signed a three-year deal with the D-backs back in December, suffered a left calf sprain early in spring training and began the season on the 15-day disabled list.
Before joining the Aces Friday night, the veteran outfielder spent six games with Single-A Visalia. GM Kevin Towers told Arizona Sports 620 earlier in the week that the plan was to have Ross play a few games in Reno before joining the D-backs Sunday.
Ross hit .267 with 22 home runs and 81 RBI for the Boston Red Sox in 2012.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.