Updated Apr 10, 2013 - 4:47 pm
Wade Miley continues to carry D-backs' rotation
Twice this year, the middle of the rotation of the Arizona Diamondbacks has been a letdown. Trevor Cahill and Brandon McCarthy aren't getting it done. That sentence doesn't mean they never will, but through two starts this year, they aren't.
Both times through the rotation, Miley has stepped up far beyond his age or years of experience. Almost through seven innings Wednesday, he allowed only two runs. He even earned an RBI groundout at the plate.
In his two-year career, Miley continues to do more than expected. He wasn't supposed to be here last year but got his chance when Josh Collmenter struggled. He never relented and would have won the NL Rookie of the Year if he wasn't up against a phenom in Bryce Harper.
This year, it's a second-year player who is carrying two veteran pitchers in the rotation. It may be only two starts for Miley. It may be only two weeks into the season. With Miley, it's going on year two with the same results.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
- Report: Diamondbacks in serious discussions about acquiring Angels outfielder Mark Trumbo
- Report: D-backs tried to land Yoenis Cespedes from A's in exchange for A.J. Pollock and Tyler Skaggs
- ESPN.com baseball writer Jerry Crasnick: D-backs trying to acquire elite starting pitcher this winter
- Rays acquire C Hanigan, RHP Bell in 3-team trade
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.